Form 13-F MiniApp - Instructions
- Prepare the Information Table as a Word, Excel or other table.
- Run the Form 13-F MiniApp, and capture the table into it. This creates
the Information Table XML file.
- Click Submit which takes you to the EDGARLink Online website,
where you log in
- Start a new 13-F form, then fill in the EDGARLink fields and attach the
Information Table XML file.
- Submit the 13-F form
1. Prepare the Information Table
- Prepare the Form 13-F information table as you normally do, in MS Word,
Excel or any other application. Any of the layouts shown below is
- Column headings are optional and are ignored. The MiniApp only looks at
- Make sure no data cell is left empty. If necessary, enter 0 for
dollar or share figures, and -- or N/A for other data (see examples below).
- Dollar figures must be in thousands, without trailing 000.
- Valid values for Investment Discretion are:
- If there are other managers, each manager is identified by a number
which will be entered into the EDGARLink fields. In the information table,
enter the manager numbers separated by commas (see examples below).
- Totaling the Amount in the information table is not necessary.
The MiniApp does that automatically.
2. Run the Form 13-F MiniApp
- Click the big green button on our Form 13-F web page, and select Run
to start the Form 13-F MiniApp. Enter your license key into the MiniApp.
- Select a range of cells in the Information Table (Word, Excel or other
application) to include the complete table (selecting extra blank rows or
columns is not a problem). Then press Ctrl-C to copy to the
- In the MiniApp, click Capture. This captures and displays the
information table data in the MiniApp as it will be submitted. Check the
displayed table to make sure all information has been captured correctly.
- In the MiniApp, click Submit. This takes you to the EDGARLink
3. Fill in and submit the online 13-F form
- Enter your CIK and Password to log into the EDGARLink Online website,
then click File 13-F in the navigation panel on the left.
- Fill in the data fields in each of the form tabs. These fields are
- To fill in the number of information table entries and Information Table Total fields, you can click these values in the
MiniApp (which copies them) and paste them into the online form fields.
- To attach the information table, instead of navigating to find the
XML file, you can click the file name in the MiniApp and paste it into
the filename field of the Open File dialog box.
- When all fields have been filled in, you can submit the filing, or save
it on your computer to reopen and submit later.
Examples of Information Table Layout
Example 1 - 12-column layout
Example 2 - 11-column layout